Saturday, November 8, 2014

Stability and Mobility


OH my goodness!! I have been super busy finishing the building of my house. I worked ALL day on it and I think I used every grey brick piece available in my stash.  Dude!

So, today we will talk about stability and mobility.  Or... making sure the upper levels stay up and making sure that your mini people can get up to the top rooms. 

Stability

There are a couple of ways that you can create stability.
1.)  You can make walls in between the rooms.
             A.) Build these like you do your outer walls. 
             B.) Make sure to put a door or an opening of some sort to everyone can get from room to room.  To do this you can make a simple archway, if you don't have enough doors. 

It might look something like this:



2.) The other option is to just make an archway in the middle of the floor plan.  This keeps the open concept thing going on.. It might look like this:




 I did something a little different - I created a two-way fireplace for one of my stability pieces - check this out:



To build it, I used archway pieces for the frame, I then put some brown one-by brick pieces to look like wood and the I put some flames in it.  I am imagining everyone has flames - there are a lot of sets that have fire in some way - shape - or form.

Here is what it looks like inside the house:


I love how it turned out!

Mobility

There are a couple of ways that you can create upward mobility. Stairs or ladders. You could also create an elevator - and we might in the future - but, right now, I am not sure how to go about doing that. 

Many sets come with stairs and/or ladders.  So, you should be able to find some. 
Here are what mine look like:



Both come built, so you just have to attach them.  However, if you do not have any, might I suggest that you build your own.  You just need to stagger two-by bricks in a step like pattern and end with a one-by.  Something like this:


I am going to set you free to work on your stability and mobility.  I will also set you free to finish the house build. Depending on how big your house is, it might take a bit.  But, have fun and I look forward to seeing pictures of the finished product. 

Tomorrow I will take you on a tour of my casa and then, after that, we can begin building furniture - totes awesome!!

Until then, have fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment