Saturday, November 1, 2014

Long Ago...In a Toy Box Down the Hall

As I was cleaning the house today, I noticed the boatload of Legos that my sons had that were, basically, gathering dust.  These are Lego sets from Birthdays and Christmases past that were built, somehow came apart, and then just went into the bucket with the other castles, Stormtrooper thingamabobbies, etc. 

So...I talked with my daughter and we decided to use the Legos to create a doll house.  This is going to be a doll house much like the wooden doll houses that you see. 

BIG...I mean HUGE.

We will make furniture and then move on from there.  I hope that we get to also create an outdoor space, complete with a swing set, picnic table and (maybe) a pool. 

I would LOVE to figure out how to make the thing lighted...

PLUS...I hope to use our robotic Lego set to make the house do something fabulous... more on that later.

We will chronicle our progress with notes and pictures. 

These will just be suggestions and ideas on how to build a fabulous manor - feel free to let your imagination run wild!

Here is how my Lego stash currently looks:

Please note, for ease, I have split all of the Legos by color and type, so that it will be easy to find the desired pieces. You, of course, don't have to do this. However, I do recommend it. Spending a few hours organizing now will save you TONS of time as we begin our adventure!

Here is how my Legos look organized:


If you feel you don't have enough Legos to build an entire house, look on places like EBay and Craigslist to find large 'lots' that you can get for your building pleasure.

Well, that is it for today! We will start with the foundation tomorrow!  Happy Building!

No comments:

Post a Comment