Saturday, November 15, 2014

I Call Top Bunk




Welcome Back!

Bunk Beds are super fun!  In this case - I decided that each child has their own personality, so the room will be a fun mixture between the two. 

First, we know we need stairs - or some way to get to the top bunk.  I chose stairs. 

Second, you need to decide whether you will go with the traditional bunk bed design or the perpendicular design - like I did. 

Finally, you need to choose how you would like to see your bed shaped.  If you notice, I made my top bunk a funky shape!  This is mainly so that I can easily play.

Here are the parts I will use - notice the round pegs - I will be using them like railing.

\\
 
]
 
Just like the parent's bed, begin with legs for the bottom bunk.
 

 Add stability railing


And add another brick to stabilize the other side of the top bunk.
 
 
Attach the two together
 
 

Add your upward mobility piece (ladder, stairs)

 
Now, just like we did with the parent's bed, we need to make pillows and a comforter.  You can see the top bunk is complete.  Here is the bottom bunk:
 
 
And we're done!!
 



Billy and Joe Bob will be so happy come naptime! (As soon as Mom gets off their bed.)

Tomorrow we will work on the dresser and the next day another desk. 

Until tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment