Monday, November 10, 2014

Don't Let the Bed Bugs Bite

Our first furniture piece!! Woop woop!!

For the first piece we will build a bed.  The master bedroom will be red and blue. 

First,  I looked at all of the pieces I have that are red and blue - to get some ideas for the bed and the rest of the room.  Here are some of the pieces. 
 

As you look at the pieces, let your imagination run wild - imagining what each piece is shaped like and what it might become.

Now, if you have large plates (like these) in the color you want your bed to be, then you can just use them as your "mattress". 


I found this piece in my stash and I think I am going to use this.  It will be an extra king size bed - but I love it. 
 
Next, every bed needs legs.  I decided to use these pieces:
 
The front two are two pieces together and the back is just one peg tall. Which do you think looks best?
 

 
Here is a rough draft - the legs may change - I would appreciate your input. 
 
Now, we need to put a comforter on the bed.  This is simple, just put a different color plate piece on top of your mattress.  You could also put some 1 by or 2 by plates in a striped pattern to make a fun comforter.
 
Next, use two by three or two by four plates of a contrasting color to make some pillows.  Here is my vision:
 
 
I think it looks boring.  It is time to kick this up a notch.  I have a bunch of these pieces:
 
 
I am going to put these to make a pattern, like this:
 
As you can see, I found some patriotic pieces in my stash, so I decided to add those to the pattern as well. 
 
Here is the completed bed:
 


I think it may be too big. but I will keep it as is for now. 
 
So, here is our first piece of furniture.  Awesome!! I hope you'll let me know what you think and let me see your versions. 
 
Until tomorrow!




No comments:

Post a Comment