Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Head, Shoulders, Knees and Feet...

I have a confession to make to you...I redid the bed after I left you yesterday. :(

It had to be done - it was way too big for the Mrs. AND for the room. I kept everything basically the same.  I changed my perfect stash mattress for a smaller blue plate.  I used only one peg for the legs (so that the Mrs. can climb into bed comfortably.) I had to remodel the snazzy comforter a bit, but I loved how it turned out.  Check it out:





So, now we need to add a headboard and a footboard to our bed. (All the cool beds are doing it.)

In the big pile yesterday, I saw these: 

They tie in perfectly with the comforter! 

Here are the pieces I am using to build the front and back ends:


I am going to use the solid ramp pieces to alternate red and blue on both pieces, like this:


I add the decorative pieces, including the solid pieces with a little raised hole that COULD be considered a drawer.  Then I attached them to the shield-like pieces - leaving three rows below, so that the headboard and footboard designed portion can be seen, like this:

 
I then put a two by four piece on the bottom for stability. 


TahDah!!

Headboard:


Footboard:
 Completed Bed:


Well, that is it for the day - I hope that your bed is turning out well. 

I think we will TRY to make a dresser tomorrow - so think a little bit on that.  Until tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment