Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Let me Get that Door for Ya!

I actually finished this thing last night, but, my favorite show had a special on, so I HAD to watch it.  However, I am home today, so I will post it now.

As you can see, we will be finishing up the front and putting some doors on.

I found these two pieces and thought they would make a great dashboard and glove compartment:

Am I right, or am I right?

They were flag type pieces, so I used two by one flat pieces with arms to secure them and secured those to the blue double sided pieces we used for the front in the last post to attach.

For the door, I used a hinge piece and add gray smooth pieces and an antennae looking piece for the door handle.

As you can see from above. These are secured using the same double sided bricks.

Check out what I found for the rearview mirror:

I am not sure what it was in a previous kit, but it looks like it will make and awesome rearview mirror.

I will use the piece next to it to attach to the top of the car.

I found these two clear pieces for the windshield. 

 
The problem is that I need another one...I vow to continue my quest for a third piece.  But, until then, let's hope it doesn't rain, and make sure our minifigs keep their mouths closed so that they do not eat bugs.  (Teehee)
 
I am using two of these dark blue pieces for the top of the car.  Here is the first with the windows attached:
 
 
Doesn't the mirror look great?
 
 
 
Here is what it looks like so far:
 

 
So, we will keep at it. I may post again tonight, if I have time...
 
Until then...
 
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment